The Cripendy Contest will be open for submissions of poetry, short stories, essays, visual art, and performance videos by disabled/neurodivergent people from November 20th to March 10th. Entries do not have to connect to disability/neurodivergence (unlike regular submissions).
All work must include a statement to accompany the submission (up to 250 words) in the body of the email. The statement doesn't have to be an official artist statement, but it should pertain to the work
itself. Please submit all written components in English.
Winners will be announced March 19th on the blog.
First prize is $20, second is $15, and third is $10. Payment will be sent via Paypal, check, or gift card. All winning entries (with artist statements) will be published on the blog.
1. Only two pieces of work will be considered per creator.
2. Subject line should read "Contest Submission" with your last name.
3. Please include your name, contact information, biography,
statement, and work in one email.
4. Send to handyuncappedpen[at]gmail.com.
5. Written work must be pasted into the email itself unless the format
is unusual (docx if you need to send an attachment).
6. Visual art must be sent as jpegs.
7. Performance videos must link to YouTube or some other trusted service.
8. Length limit: Please keep performance videos under six minutes and written submissions under 2,000 words.
We will not open anything we don't recognize.
In the event the contest has below ten entrants, we reserve the right to not award all (or any) prizes. We want a variety of incredible work to choose from.
No friends or family of The Handy, Uncapped Pen's curator may submit. Sorry, pals.
We will try to email you about your entry's safe arrival to our inbox within 48 hours.
We are hoping this will be an annual contest, but we can't promise anything. We have to see how this one goes.