My erratic brain can't cling to a topic that's important or meaningful enough to post about. Instead, I'm thinking about changes. Feel free to make suggestions or comment on anything. Some things aren't decided quite yet.
Mentor Program 2019:
Mentees who aren't picked will receive rejection emails before the announcement post goes live.
Chosen mentees will have a picture up with their announcement. (Kind of like the post the mentors have.) If they're comfortable...
Mentor Program 2020:
A mentor will (hopefully) exist for teen writers.
People with advanced degrees might be able to apply as mentees, provided they received their degree at least ten (or fifteen) years prior.
On the Blog 2019:
We will open to flash fiction and poetry year-round. When we do, it will be under similar guidelines and pay as reviews and essays. Warning: I'm picky.
The occasional giveaway will occur. (Our first is expected to be in September with Keah Brown's The Pretty One.)
Our Next Step 2020:
A Youtube channel for readings and vlogs? Free, on-demand writing classes taught by other crips (I'd pay the instructors... not sure how much)? I don't know. What do you folks need as disabled and/or neurodivergent writers?
Friday, May 17, 2019
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Mentee Applications Open Through June 27th (Extended)
You've read about our mentors. You checked over the mentee application's guidelines and restrictions. Now, it's time to apply!
A few things:
1. An "advanced degree" is anything above a bachelor's.
2. Preferred pronouns include "he/him", "she/her", or "they/them". Basically, are you male, female, or nonbinary? We try quite hard to respect your identity.
3. You don't have to have a book-length project to apply.
4. You can just copy and paste all the questions in the body of an email with your answers and attach your writing sample. If you can't, please contact us and we'll try to work with you!
5. If you have questions, please email us at: email@example.com or find us on Twitter: @HandUnPen
We're so excited to bring you this program another year!