My dear lovelies, I'm not starting up this space full-time yet. December is going to be busy and I'm still slowly finding my strength (and thoughts) after radiation therapy. I did, however, want to leave you with a few things.
First, all the new Calls for Submissions lists are out today! Everyone is so preoccupied with holidays in December that there's generally less competition for some markets. It's a great time to send some breathtaking work.
1. The Review Review Classifieds
2. 36 Calls for Submissions in December 2017 - Paying markets Some are due as early as the first. None should have fees.
3. 62 Writing Contests in December 2017 - No entry fees
4. Comps and calls for December 2017 I don't think any of these have fees. The writer who runs the site is in the UK, so a fair number of markets are focused there.
5. Where to Submit: December 2017 + January 2018
6. The Practicing Writer Newsletter for December This is a fantastic newsletter with markets, resources, etc.
A hashtag going around neurodivergent/disabled reader Twitter is #BoycottToSiri. If you haven't come across it yet, I recommend you check it out. It was created in response to an "Autism Mommy" writing a memoir about her teenage son without his consent or input. There is ableism and eugenics. It's fucking trash, my darlings, so remember self-care. Neurotypical disabled folks should be especially aware of this book and its consequences; we need to support our autistic people.
When this blog begins again, I will need guest posts and book reviews. I will still be paying $3 via Paypal. Interview requests are awesome, but interviewees aren't paid.
I might attempt reviews of smaller works like individual short stories or issues of literary magazines. I'd love to start doing more cover reveals and new release coverage/promotion.
Have any feedback or ideas for me? Get in touch! @HandUnPen on Twitter
firstname.lastname@example.org for email.
Post a Comment