However, artists must write something about their work: Tell us what themes you love, how you started in that medium, how you make a living from your art, your first disastrous show... something. Let us know you a bit as an artist, don't just throw your work at us and run off. It doesn't have to be a long piece (in fact, keep it under 1,500 words) but make it interesting. We want a full spotlight on our blog, not just a flashlight.
- Artists can submit up to five minutes of audio/video or up to six images.
- All media must have captions, descriptions, or transcripts included. All. We will not be providing them. We will not accept submissions without them.
- We will not open any odd links. Please send us YouTube links (or other recognized, legitimate links to your work). Same thing goes with files: Nothing we're scared to open.
- Subject line in your email must be "AAS Submission [Your Name]" and all submissions must be sent to handyuncappedpen[at]gmail[dot]com.
- The text of your submission (not necessarily including descriptions/transcripts) must be in the body of the email with double-spacing between paragraphs.
- Swearing permitted.
- We expect any appropriate trigger warnings.
- A third-person biography and contact information must be included. Your biography can have links to your store.
- Inquire about collaboration projects first.
What we won't consider:
- Excessive gore
- Coloring book pages (unless they're truly unique)
- Culinary arts without an interesting focus or more "decorative slant"
- Submissions of just poetry or short fiction. Slam poets are different.
We pay $3 via Paypal only. We won't send paper checks, sorry.
We take one-time rights and request archival rights since posts stay on the blog.
We do not take rights not absolutely required to do what we do. Your copyright stays yours.
Contact us via email handyuncappedpen[at]gmail[dot]com or on Twitter @HandUnPen
Post a Comment