- Books must be written by disabled and/or neurodivergent authors and/or have disabled and neurodivergent main characters.
- Reviews may not exceed 2,000 words.
- All text must be in the body of an email with double-spacing between paragraphs.
- Email subject line: "Book Review Submission [Your Name]".
- All submissions should be sent to handyuncappedpen[at]gmail[dot]com.
- Please refrain from giving a book a score. Just tell us if it's worth the read, not worth it, or if you're on the fence.
- Please send your contact information and a third-person biography in the email. You don't need to include the author's biography.
- It would be helpful (but isn't required) if you would send the book's cover image with a description of it.
- Anthologies as well as issues of literary magazines focusing on disability, neurodivergence, illness, etc. can be reviewed.
Notes on ethics:
- Please do not review books by family or close friends.
- Reviewers are allowed to ask authors for review copies if the only way to find a copy is to purchase one (and the cost is prohibitive).
- Reviewers will never accept payment from authors.
- No review-for-review agreements between authors.
We pay $3 via Paypal only. We won't send paper checks, sorry.
We take one-time rights and request archival rights since posts stay on the blog.
We do not take rights not absolutely required to do what we do. Your copyright stays yours.
Contact us via email handyuncappedpen[at]gmail[dot]com or on Twitter @HandUnPen
Post a Comment